1. Thread on 4 core beads plus 4 beads for outside spiral.
2. Bring the thread back up thru the 4 core beads. Two lines of beads will sit neatly next to each other.
3. String on 1 core bead and 4 outside (spiral) beads and slide these down towards the work done.
4. Go back up thru the top 4 beads of the core column, including the one you have just added.
Nudge this line of beads to the left - next to the first column.
1. Thread on 4 core beads and 4 beads for the outside spiral
2. Bring the needle back up thru the 4 core beads and the 2 lines of beads will sit neatly next to each other.
3. String on 1 core bead and 4 outside spiral beads.
5. Take your needle up thru the last 3 core beads threaded, pull needle thru, then take your needle thru the new core bead you have just added.
6. Nudge your beads to the left and continue Step 3, repeating till required length .................. join up.
close-up of beaded spiral
Tubular Peyote Instructions link - (these instructions are from Beading Daily - a very useful site, but you have to join up)