Thursday 10 January 2008

Knitting Socks ............

Well I'm ashamed to say that I've been unpicking the socks I'd been trying to knit - - - not happy with any of them - (as yet). I've knitted one pair - one of which was just fine - the other one - too big - and completely deformed! I'm now on the 5th one and it's going reasonably well - I just have to see whether I can make the other one to match! If it works - I'll upload the pattern.

I've also just bought a new knitting book from Amazon called "Fitted Knits" by Stephanie Japel. I love almost everything in this, so I shall be speedily trying to finish
a decent pair of socks so I can launch into a new cardi.
Unfortunately there is a PS to this post - if you buy this book you will have to checkout the Errata sheets from Stefanie Japel's website: www.glampyre.com

I've found from experience that it's more often than not the publishers who are to blame for errors. However, if I hadn't, by absolute chance, checked out her website, I would not have a clue if the pattern had not worked out!
I used to love Rowan pattern books, but for some time have not had faith in the accuracy of their patterns. If you're a new knitter, this can be rather annoying!

This gorgeous little hat is from Knitchicks website - they also have the pattern available. http://acechick.typepad.com/knitchicks_patterns/
(See "Websites I like".)


No comments: