Monday 3 August 2009

FREE BEAD PATTERN 3-Dimensional Beadwork

I've just been to a super 'beady' summer school for the week and have been experimenting with 3-D beaded shapes. The original source was Jean Power's patterns (which you can buy online) and once I worked out the 'recipe' I did a little experimenting. They were great fun to do and have got lots of ideas for future beading projects.

Unfortunately I had to scan the pieces on my flatbed scanner - so it's difficult to see them 3-dimensionally, but they are all worked from the 'outside - in' so they have a different pattern on the backs and fronts, and they can be made as deep or shallow as you want to bead them. My favourite ones are the little 'pillows'.
(Click on the pics for a large image.)


5 comments:

siriusknitter said...

So cute, you've reminded me to have a peek at Jean Power's website.

Dolores said...

Beautiful work.

BeadBag said...

Sue - it's worth checking out and the BeadUK site has some interesting stuff too.
Shirl

BeadBag said...

Thanks Dolores - I really enjoyed making them and doing some experimenting. I'm thinking of some good applications for them - and have a few new ideas.

Cathy said...

Wow, these are amazing Shirley. I like the way you have kept them all the same colours. Helps to see the designs clearly. I like the little pillows as well. The bottom turquoise drop jewel is really lovely. Clever old you. I found the little tutorial very interesting. Aren't we lucky to have so many helpful things on computers these days?